Packers’ Finley tweets he’s out of ICU, walks

Updated: October 21, 2013, 11:34 PM ET news services

Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley suffered a bruised spinal cord in his neck Sunday and was placed in an intensive care unit in a Green Bay-area hospital, but took to Twitter on Monday and said in a series of tweets that he is being moved out of ICU and is able to walk.

I want to thank my family, friends, teammates, fans and Packer Nation for the prayers and support over the past 24 hrs. I’m happy to report

— Jermichael Finley (@JermichaelF88) October 22, 2013

that I have been transferred out of the intensive care unit and that I have full feeling in my arms and legs. As importantly,

— Jermichael Finley (@JermichaelF88) October 22, 2013

I was able 2 walk to & from the shower today, which was badly needed after yesterday’s victory! Thank u again 4 the support, and Go Packers!

— Jermichael Finley (@JermichaelF88) October 22, 2013

Nevertheless, Finley’s continued evaluation will be an extensive process, according to league sources, with his return indefinite.

Finley will seek further medical opinions after he is discharged from the hospital, and a source said that with the team’s blessing and support, his short-term and long-term prospects for playing again will not be hastened. One source said Finley’s return to the field is “obviously secondary” to his overall health.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy wouldn’t put a timeline on Finley’s return, saying: “This is something that needs to be seen by more than one doctor.”

McCarthy said he spent time Sunday night with Finley at the hospital.

“Jermichael is very, very upbeat, very positive,” McCarthy said. “Always has a smile on his face, so I mean he’s focused on what’s most important. That’s his health and his family.”

Finley was injured at the end of a 10-yard reception when he took a hit to the head from Browns safety Tashaun Gipson. The game was delayed for six minutes while medical personnel attended to Finley.

It was the second time this season Finley was knocked out of a game. In Week 3 at Cincinnati, he sustained a concussion when safety George Iloka hit him in the helmet. Iloka was not penalized on the play but was fined $15,000.

ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen, Packers reporter Rob Demovsky and Browns reporter Pat McManamon contributed to this report.

Leave a comment

300-101   400-101   300-320   300-070   300-206   200-310   300-135   300-208   810-403   400-050   640-916   642-997   300-209   400-201   200-355   352-001   642-999   350-080   MB2-712   400-051   C2150-606   1Z0-434   1Z0-146   C2090-919   C9560-655   642-647   100-101   CQE_Exam   CSSLP